We talk so much about the technological progress that people should be making when it comes to digital marketing—the tips and tricks on getting more traffic and leads, how to successfully create your blog posts, and what you can be doing to ensure that the content you’re curating will bring back what you need from various social media platforms. However, with how much focus there’s been on the business aspect, we don’t usually delve into the mental aspect of being a business owner, and how having the right mindset can drastically affect the things you can do, and what you can get done on a daily basis.
Importance of Digital Marketing Mindset:
That’s where Violeta Potter comes in! After starting off as a copywriter, Violeta became a quick strategist who specializes in helping people get into the right mindset to be their best self and get their job done as efficiently as possible, while also feeling there best as well! Together, Violeta and I talk about the kind of mindset you need to have when getting into the world of digital marketing, as well as the most common mind traps that people fall into, and how to combat them with your own inner strength. Let’s get started!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Who Violeta is, and how she got started on this path! After working as a copywriter and strategist, Violeta found that the strategies she was designing didn’t work due to internal issues. So, since then, she coaches people in the way of breaking down the mindset beliefs and blocks that keep people from showing up the way they should, as well as going into the conversion strategy of digital marketing. You can’t really separate the two, she says, stating that the internal affects the external.
- Violeta talks with me about how digital marketing is a long-term game full of wins, as well as a lot of losses. Having a strong and correct mindset is one of the keys needed in order to be successful! Business is a self-development journey, and figuring out what your blocks are and proving them wrong gets you on the right path to making clear and productive decisions. The people who’re successful are there because they didn’t stop working when things got tough—you must be resilient and have the emotional tools to keep going, otherwise, you won’t see the success you’re fighting for.
- Violeta then talks with me about one of the most common traps people can get into, explaining that people often compare themselves to people who’ve already achieved a certain level of success. In those cases, Violeta encourages us to look at a realistic picture and figure out what “success” means—what is your definition of success, what does success mean to you. More often than not, they’re tied to nebulous ideas that have no concrete goals.
- Additionally, Violeta inspires us to redefine our idea of success by making a list of what we’ve accomplished in the past, and acknowledge the successes we’ve already had. In turn, making a list of failures lets us confront our mistakes head on, as well as realize what we learned along the way by making these mistakes. You don’t have to continue judging yourself for the person you were at those moments—you can redefine yourself anytime you’d like.
- Violeta tells us the number one mindset issue in digital marketing, which—specifically for women—revolves around the idea of taking up space. In general, it’s putting yourself out there—it’s being seen, let yourself be heard, being as bolg as you want to be and not thinking that you’re too much, not enough, or that you have to tone yourself down. Violeta encourages us to take up that space, be okay with it, speak boldly, show up and be ready to go!
- Additionally, Violeta reminds us that, to be consistently getting leads, you have to be consistently showing up as well. By not being visible and not allowing yourself to take up space, you’re at a disadvantage. Put yourself out there and invite people to become a leader, and reach out to them for work and ideas.
- With that in mind, Violeta tells us her hacks for getting past being unable to reach out, stating that with how much saturation there already is with the advertisement, it falls back to connecting with people. It’s no longer about the freebie and passive ways, she says—you want to be showing up as yourself, your value, your niche, and building your tribe of people. Businesses that require new leads to maintain business are expensive, and not the same as recurring businesses. If people buy into you, then you have people that’ll buy from you over and over again.
- Violeta explains the process of “self-liberation”, stating that when you think other people are judging you—or when you’re afraid of how others are perceiving you—it’s because what you think they’re thinking about you is what you think about you. Until you detox yourself, that outside projection will never go away. Step one is acknowledging that you have a personal demon to fight, and before anything else, you need to be super compassionate and nonjudgmental to yourself. Instead, take an evidence-based approach to reinforce new ideas about yourself—even the smallest things can build up.
- Lastly, Violeta reminds us that there are no rules in business—you can create your own, and you can create something that fits the lifestyle and the vision you have. Mindset is what separates the people who succeed, and those who haven’t had a chance to succeed yet. Digital marketing can be hard, and it takes a lot of testing, patience, and faith—having the right mindset makes it all a little bit easier.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Did Violeta not get to answer a burning question on your mind? No problem! You can shoot her an email, or contact her through any of the social media listed above. Violeta has wonderfully inspiring things to say about how you can live your life, and the support she has for herself and for others truly shows in the way she talks!