Do you want to rank on search engines? The #1 factor in ranking is link building. Not sure what that is? You’ve come to the right place. Listen in, and me and my guest will tell you all about it.
My guest today us Chirag Kulkarni with the Taco agency and we’re talking all about link building. This guy knows his stuff. We work together to break apart a lot of the terminology that’s used in SEO and put it into words we can all grasp.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Chirag starts us off by explaining what link building is, what backlinks are, and why you want them. Pay close attention here if this is new info for you – it’s the foundation of learning how to rank high on search engines.
- I get Chirag to unveil some of his secrets and talk about the top two strategies anyone can use to get excellent inbound links to your site. These aren’t general tips – they’re actionable steps you can take to getting those links. Be sure to take notes, because this is good stuff.
- Chirag and I talk all about guest posting: how you get a chance to guest post on someone else’s site, what it can do for you, and how to handle potential pitfalls and hurdles.
- I ask Chirag all about how he and the Taco Agency processes clients. How transparent are they in their dealings? Turns out, the answer is “very”. Chirag warns all about black hat techniques that certain people use to rank higher, and why it’s so crucial to keeping away from them.
- We talk about an approach that Chirag used a year ago to get more speaking gigs, and how it’s a perfect example of needing to stay up on your advertising strategies. In short: Chirag used a method that worked until it didn’t. You never know when your strategy will up and take a hike – his story is a perfect example of why you have to keep your finger on the pulse of the industry.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Chirag Kulkarni
- Articles on Entrepreneur
- Articles on Inc
- Crunch Base
Interested in learning more about Chirag and the Taco agency? Chirag can be found on Twitter, or shoot him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. He’s a very cool guy, and he’s up to help anybody out who has questions about link building, SEO, and more.