Today on the Traffic and Leads Podcast, I have a real treat for you. Visiting the show is marketing guru and good friend of mine Jamie Samples. Jaime is is the President and founder of Yellow Barn Media, which provides online marketing consulting services to help you add value to your business.
Jaime is going to discuss the power of email and newsletter marketing, and offer her advice and tips on how to make the most out of this tried and true online marketing tool. She shares why you might want to start thinking of an email address as a digital identity, and why email marketing is the most intimate way to connect with others.
She has something to share with both the seasoned pro and the newcomer, so listen in!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What a newsletter marketing strategy is, and why it is still relevant in today’s online world.
- Mind-blowing stats that may have you rethinking your views on the power of an email and why you need an newsletter marketing strategy.
- Investments and costs, and how to choose an email platform.
- Testing and measuring your email and newsletter strategies.
- Understanding open and click-through rates.
- How often to send an email to your customer base.
- What kind of content to include in your communication.
- The importance of maintaining a positive and consistent level of contact with your potential customers and clients.
- How to make sure that anyone you hire to help you with your content creation will represent your specific business despite not being an expert in the field.
- Why it can be extremely positive to get an outsider to assist you in your marketing strategies.
- Where to start if you want to do it yourself.
- What to do if you don’t have any email addresses yet.
- Email conversion rates vs. social media.
- How email and newsletter marketing will generate traffic and leads for your website.
- How to create an effective newsletter marketing strategy.
- Common roadblocks when starting, how to overcome them and more!
LINKS AND REFERENCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Constant Contact
- Jamie’s Facebook
- Jamie’s Twitter
Thanks again for joining me for another episode on driving traffic to your website and generating leads for you business. If you feel like joining the conversation and leaving feedback, please leave a comment below. Thanks again!