Hey everybody, welcome to another episode of the Traffic and Leads podcast. John Doherty is our special guest this episode, and is going to be talking about SEO, and how he launched his own business.
John is the owner of Credo, an online platform that connects businesses with online digital marketing agencies and consultants. Before Credo he worked as a marketing manager at some of the biggest online real estate companies like Zillow, Trulia and Hotpads.
John is a lifelong entrepreneur who has always been freelancing and building his own personal brand. After being made redundant from his job at Zillow he decided to take the plunge and launch his own company.
John has been running Credo for only 5 months, and he talks to us today about the trials and tribulations of creating a brand, which is becoming increasingly successful every month.
John shared his insights with us into SEO, online marketing and starting your own business.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to deal with being made redundant
- Why it’s useful to take on extra freelance consulting work even when you have a job
- When is the right time to start SEO marketing?
- What do SEO specialists do on a day-to-day basis?
- What is the difference between blogging and SEO?
- Why is experimenting with SEO strategies important?
- How to start your own business
- How to come up with a name for your business
- How to use podcasting as an effective marketing technique
- The importance of guest posting on blogs for small businesses as a marketing strategy
- How to approach blogs for guest posting
- How to use SEO to market your page
- The importance of building your own personal brand
- How to deal when you need to re-brand your business because of inadvertent trademark infringement
- How to get more business from referral traffic
- How to generate leads and effectively convert them
- John’s best advice for small business owner when they’re ready to tackle online marketing
- What are parallel industries and how can you work with them?
- Why email marketing is crucial to all businesses and how to unleash the value of it
- The importance of constantly creating informative blog posts on your own personal site
LINKS AND REFERENCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
John shared some great advice with us in this informative and entertaining episode. Hopefully his story from employee to entrepreneur can inspire some of you to take control and become your own boss! Make sure you go to John’s website and find out how you can link with marketing experts.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space below and I’ll catch you next time!