Hey everybody, welcome to another episode of the Traffic and Leads podcast. Diane Gardner is our special guest this episode, and is going to be talking a little bit about her expertise in proactive tax planning, and about the online marketing techniques that she has used to grow her three businesses.
Diane is an accountant, tax coach, and practice management consultant, the author of several books and reports and a savvy marketer.
Diane admitted that as an accountant she never really needed to think too much about marketing until the 2008 financial crash made it more difficult to attract customers.
It was only in 2009 that Diane created a website for her business, and since then she has successfully expanded her marketing techniques, which have brought in new clients and grown her businesses significantly.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Why online marketing is important for all businesses – even accountants!
- How your own books can be a valuable marketing tool
- Marketing your products to different niches
- The importance of opt-in email lists in marketing your business and how to harvest them
- How to use podcasting to promote yourself
- Why it is important to make time for marketing year round
- How to play to your strengths in marketing and focus on what you do best
- Hire what you don’t know: The importance of delegating tasks to people with more expertise
- When to give away free content as a way to attract clients
- The importance of proactive tax planning
- What is the difference between a tax coach and an accountant?
- How to save up to $5000 per year in taxes with the right tax structure
- The number one tax mistake that many small businesses make
- The importance of targeting your market effectively
- Diane’s number one tip for creating a successful business
- Diane’s favourite social media channels for online marketing
- How to ignite your entrepreneurial spirit
LINKS AND REFERENCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
We got right into the details and actionable steps in this rapid-fire interview! There is a wealth of good advice and info that I know you can use straightaway, so thanks again for listening! Make sure you go to Diane’s website to get your free copy of her book to learn more about her expert advice.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space below and I’ll catch you next time!