Hi everyone, today we are going to answer everything you may have been wondering about how to create content that is grabs the attention of your target consumer. I had the pleasure of interviewing Shayla Price, the self-professed queen of content generation and how to get that content seen, organically and with the of influencers.
Shayla is associated with some of the largest names in the business such as Social Media Examiner, Entrepreneur.com, Huffington Post, Kismetrics and so many others. If you were to Google Shayla’s name, there is no doubt that you would find an overabundance of content that she has created all over the web!
Now if you’ve tuned in before, you’re well aware that the way you market your business is important, but the quality of content you provide your consumers is equally as important, if not more. So, if you’re struggling with creating content or even having your content seen, tune in because Shayla has some amazing information to share with us!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
• Understand why research is crucial when creating content.
• Discover how social media can influence the type of content you create and your audience.
• How to find the trending topics on Twitter for your content.
• What tool to use to search out trending hashtags.
• How the tool can help you determine when is the best time to start writing about a trending topic.
• The tool can also tell you who are top influencers for any given topic.
• What tool Shayla uses for promoting her content and linking up with top influencers.
• Discover how to use an outline when creating your content and what you want to put in the post.
• Learn how a checklist can help organize your content.
• Why you may want to consider quoting influencers if you want to be an authority of a topic.
• What tool Shayla uses to email people and ask them for quotes when she doesn’t just Tweet.
• Why it is important to keep people involved when creating your content.
• How to organize your content contributor list for quick quotes/data.
• Why you should have a set timeline for creating your content.
• How to make your social media accounts work for you and getting the word out.
• Why you should ask your friends and influencers to spread the word around about your content.
• Why it depends on what industry you are part of to randomly quote folks.
• How you can have online communities help you promote your content.
• Why you should want to approach promotion as a marathon rather than a race.
• See why promotion is as important as content.
• Why it is important to have an editorial guideline so that your content is uniform.
• Why it’s important to respond to any question people may ask you on Twitter.
• Understand the rule of 7.
LINKS AND REFERENCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Social Media Examiner
- Huffington Post
- Notifier tool by ContentMarketer.com
I’m so glad I got to talk with Shayla, because all the information she provided us with is certainly going to be useful!
Until next time, I am One-Click Lindsay signing off!