Hey everybody, welcome to another episode of the Traffic and Leads podcast. Brandon Uttley is our special guest this episode, and today he’ll be talking all about his new book Pod Castaway: My Search for Podcasting Fame and Fortune, his podcast, and sharing some tips on how to drive traffic to your business.
Brandon is an internet marketing and public relations guru with over 30 years of experience. He has been involved in starting several web development and online marketing companies, in addition to serving both full-time and as a consultant to leading PR/marketing and sales firms.
He is the founder and director of Go For Launch, a business providing information and inspiration to help entrepreneurs start and grow a profitable microbusiness or small business
Today Brandon will tell us all of the ways he generates traffic for his business, podcast and book.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- The value of podcasting as a marketing and networking technique
- Why it’s important to be consistent when podcasting
- Reaching out to guests for your podcasts
- Why second and third tier guests can be better than A-listers for your podcast
- Trends within the podcast space and the potential for making money
- Why it’s important to put in the time to become successful
- Building strong relationships and searching for opportunities to help promote other business owners
- How to promote your book and entice people with freebies
- Why to build up to your book launch by generating leads
- How to harness email marketing to market yourself
- Promoting your business or book launch without paying a cent
- How to cross promote different marketing platforms
- How to use retweets to direct traffic to your site
- Why it is useful to pay services to post articles on your behalf
- Which websites to use for online curation
- The best social networks and blogs to generate traffic
- How to use Instagram effectively
- Using Reddit and sub-reddits to drive traffic to your site
- Why it’s important to schedule all of your promotion and traffic generation activities
- The importance of knowing which platforms don’t work for you and letting them go
LINKS AND REFERENCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Go for Launch
- Special Promotion for T&L listeners!
- Pod Castaway: My Search for Podcasting Fame and Fortune
- Just Retweet
- Product Hunt
Today’s interview with Brandon was really insightful and provided so many good ideas for generating traffic for your podcast or your business. Brandon’s podcast comes out every Monday, and can be found in the links above. Brandon was even kind enough to share a copy of his reports and 3 chapters of his new book for free to all Traffic and Leads listeners. Thanks for listening, and thanks Brandon.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space below and I’ll catch you next time!