Welcome to the Traffic and Leads podcast! I’ve been really looking forward to interviewing today’s guest for awhile now, as he has a lot of experience and expertise in the blogging world. His name is Will Blunt and he’s a successful blogger, researcher and entrepreneur.
Will founded Blogger Sidekick, which helps digital marketing companies grow their business with the power of blogging. His aim is to help marketers get more traffic, leads and revenue by taking the guess work out of blogging, and by providing an outsourced blogging platform service.
Will shared a lot of helpful details today, as well as some insightful perspectives that you can use to improve your own content strategies. He was gracious to let me pick his brain and extract as many gold nuggets to share with you all.
Enjoy the show!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
Examples of the great services that Blogger Sidekick provides.
- Three SEO variables to consider when writing your content.
- Factors that play a part in the user experience when they visit your website.
- Mindsets to adopt when trying to attract an audience online.
- Will’s recommendations for blogging strategies.
- What it truly takes for a blog to be successful.
- Why you need to take the time to understand and be clear about your blog’s role and purpose in your business.
- Variables to consider when determining how often you should be publishing.
- Ins and outs of the Google search algorithm and how to make it work for you.
- A great tool to help you determine the factors that contribute to the popularity of your content.
- Great writing strategies to help get you high rankings with search engines and drive more traffic to your site.
- Recommended steps for small businesses regarding their content creation strategy.
- The most effective opt-in that William uses to generate leads.
- The ins and outs of content upgrades and some good examples you can use for your own site.
- William’s thoughts on his varied experiences with email nurturing and marketing.
- Special tools that William uses to promote blog posts, and more!
LINKS AND REFERENCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Social Media Today
- Business 2 Community
- Brian Dean – Backlinko
- Google Keyword Tool
- CoSchedule – editorial calendar and social media plugin
- Meet Edgar
- LinkedIn – Will Blunt
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for tuning in and listening to the conversation. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space below, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Until next time!