A systematized business will run even without your oversight. If you want to run your business like a well-oiled machine, you need to listen to this podcast. Today we will talk about SOPs, or standard operating procedures.
Importance of SOPs:
SOPs are very important, even if you are a solopreneur or running a team-based business. When you are writing SOPs, you are not just writing them for the busywork and administrative tasks. As a business owner, you are writing SOPs for your revenue-generating tasks that are products of your bright ideas.
Once you have SOPs in place, you will have time for more bright ideas, and your business will start to grow organically even without your constant supervision. One thing I’ve found out about SOPs is you are not the only one who can create them. When you have virtual assistants or partners, you can start building SOPs along with them and collaborate.
Joining me in this episode is Natalie T. Leonard, an Online Business Manager (OBM), and she is definitely the right person to talk to about SOPs. Natalie is well-versed about SOPs, and she created a system for her business. Now, she is spreading the word so that everybody can reap the benefits of having an SOP for their own business.
Together, Natalie and I talked about what SOPs are, how they can help your business and some tips on how to start building your own SOPs for your company. So, without further ado, listen to what Natalie has to say now!
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- What are SOPs? As Natalie defined it, standard operating procedures or SOPs are a set of instructions for a task that you perform repeatedly. These tasks are very familiar to you–like checking and replying to emails, creating and storing files, or creating a system for your business.
- Why should you implement SOPs? Well, if you want to take a vacation without interruption, you need to have a system that would let you do that while your business is running. Natalie discussed the benefits of having a SOPs like saving you time, looking professional, easy to train people who are joining your company, helping you make money, and lastly, grow and scale your business.
- How not having SOPs will make it hard for you to run your business. Yes, you may know your business like the back of your hand, but what will happen if you suddenly get sick?
- SOPs are outtakes from the manufacturing industry, but why is it also important even for your online business?
- How can a solopreneur benefit from having SOPs?
- Natalie also explains how she got into SOPs and what it has done to her so far. She also gave some tips on how to get started on your SOPs and how to work with partners in navigating SOPs.
- Lastly, she imparted some tips on how to encourage employees to collaborate with you in creating SOPs.
Links Mentioned In This Episode:
Did Natalie inspire you to start working on your SOPs? You can head over to her website and click on the worksheet to get started. You can also send her an email or join her Facebook Group in the links listed above.