Hello everybody and welcome to the Traffic and Leads Podcast! On today’s episode, we have Jeff Bullas, an internet marketing extraordinaire. For those of you who haven’t heard of him, Jeff is a blogger, author, strategist and speaker. He works with companies and executives to optimize their online and personal company brands with digital content and social media marketing.
Let me tell you why Jeff is the real deal. He is on so many lists that I can only mention a few right now. He was listed in the top 50 social media power influencers of 2013 on Forbes.com, he’s been published in the New York Times, and he has over 4 million page views on his blog per year.
He has just written and actionable and inspiring book called, Blogging The Smart Way: How to Create and Market a Killer Blog with Social Media, and he was here to discuss that very topic with us.
He dropped a ton of knowledge in this short conversation, and gave us the full low down on how you can go out and start creating top content, drive traffic and leads to your blog, and increase your conversion rate today.
Enjoy the show!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How Jeff grew his blog from zero to 4 million views
- Why Twitter is his favourite and most used social media channel
- The trends and predictions Jeff has for the future of social media channels
- SEO tips for your content writing
- Why it is a good idea to test your images to find the ones that resonate and drive the most sharing to your site
- About a great tool and tactic for making the most out of Twitter
- Jeff’s opinion on content automation
- Details on a new blog writing course that Jeff was asked to create for Udemy.
- What simple tool he uses for his SEO means
- Other social media channels that have proven to drive traffic and leads to Jeff’s site
- What you have to have to get conversions and traffics at the sharp end of the funnel
- Jeff’s favourite opt-in method to build email lists
- Jeff’s multi-channel strategy, and honestly, quite a lot more!
LINKS AND REFERENCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Blogging The Smart Way: How to Create and Market a Killer Blog with Social Media
- Tim Ferriss – The 4-Hour Workweek
- David Meerman Scott – The New Rules of Marketing and PR
- Yoast SEO
- Google Plus
Thanks For Listening!
I can say with confidence that there is at least one gold nugget in this podcast for everyone! I was really thankful for the time Jeff gave us today and for all my listeners out there too!
Please post any questions or comments below, I’d love to hear from you.
Until next time, I’m One-Click Lindsey!
Leave a Reply