Organic traffic generation is something that most seek to make for themselves. However, the success rate of traffic and leads can get muddled when you’re having trouble getting your feet planted into the ground. A strong foundation is what you need in order to get your traffic generation tricks into play, and we’ve discovered the true secret about it today!
The Importance of Blogging As A Digital Marketing Tool:
Matt Watson, the owner of the developing software Stackify, shares with us the best marketing strategy for software companies, as well as how to get your traffic and leads to sticking with the right traffic generation tricks. With 15 years of practice and an incredibly high success rate, Matt tells us what to do, what to avoid, and the best things he’s picked up along the way. Let’s get started!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Who Matt Watson is, and what exactly it is that Stackify does. A software made for hardcore developers, Matt explains that they have customers all over the world that use their tools, and use them to know when their applications aren’t performing. What sets them apart from the rest is what they’re software is dedicated to. Stackify is more focused on developers and what they want to do, while other products are born out of monitoring production servers.
- Matt shares with us his organic traffic generation, and the best traffic and leads generation strategies he’s developed over the years of trial and error. Their customers are software developers, and Matt struggled on how to reach them and make traffic and leads. In the end, they decided to create a free tool called Prefix, one of the features of their paid product and made a free product out of it. Because of it, over the last 18 months, they’ve had 20,000 people download that tool through organic growth!
- From there, Matt explains to us the kind of content marketing he uses in order to successfully execute his software marketing strategy. His customers all have one thing in common, which is the fact that they use Google for their problems. So, his construct was understanding that persona, and learning how to reach them. While it’s a trial and error process, they still hold themselves to what the customer acquisition cost is, and make sure everything meets that criteria. Overall, it’s about understanding what the ideal customer looks like. When they do advertising, they make sure to tailor those things in order to get the highest conversion rate.
- Matt explains the importance of blogging and explains for him, his best traffic generation tricks come from the success of their blog posts! They publish new blog posts every single day, started by a blog post made nearly a year ago that gave them 40,000 visitors a month. After that, they doubled down on it, putting an enormous amount of effort into blogging. That work turned 40,000 people a month into 500,000 people a month
- While they still make sure their blogs are optimized, Matt specifically states that everything they do is still based on organic traffic generation. He says that they don’t want to publish content that doesn’t drive traffic organically to the website. They, instead, want ongoing traffic, and evergreen traffic. Through that mindset, they only keep content that gives them the traffic they’re looking for and removes the content that does not work for them.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Did Matt not get to answer a question you had for him? Not a problem! Fill out the simple submission slip on the contact tab of Matt’s website to shoot him a message directly, or reach out to him on the social media listed above. Matt’s got some amazing software marketing strategy, as well as traffic generation tricks on how to get the most organic traffic generation. With his amazing advice, it’s easy to see why he’s come up with such a successful marketing strategy for software companies. Hopefully, he’s giving you some amazing advice you can put to good use!
Leave a Reply