Today on the Traffic and Leads Podcast we had content marketing veteran, Joe Pulizzi drop by to give us some seriously helpful tips for growing a business from the ground up. You really don’t want to miss out on this opportunity for some excellent advice from a true master!
Joe Pulizzi content marketing, Joe helped popularized the term ‘content marketing’ and is the founder of the Content Marketing Institute, the leading education and training organization for content marketing
Joe was the winner of the 2014 John Caldwell Lifetime Achievement award from the Content Counsel, he is an incredibly successful blogger, and a published author.
He joined me for a conversation to discuss his fourth book, “Content Inc.“, which he specifically designed to help entrepreneurs, start-ups and small businesses grow their companies as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Have a listen as he outlines the six steps you need to take to successfully go from inception to monetization.
Enjoy the show!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to create your strategy and find the intersection between your passion as an individual with your knowledge and skills.
- What ‘content tilt’ is, and why it is the most critical step for the life and success of your business.
- Strategies for becoming the leading expert in a particular niche.
- How to develop your content approach.
- How to get relevancy in your niche.
- The four things that successful media companies have done to build their loyal audience.
- The average amount of time it takes to build your base and to see revenue coming from your audience.
- Joe’s opinion on the best way to get a customer to opt-in.
- Two amazing things you need to get people to become an audience member or subscriber to your site.
- Whether to use pop-overs or not.
- How to diversify your content and how to pace yourself for long term success.
- Different ways and strategies to monetize your content.
- Perspectives on insourcing and outsourcing strategies and much more!
LINKS AND REFERENCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Content Inc: How Entrepreneurs Use Content to Build Massive Audiences and Create Radically Successful Businesses.
- content-inc.com – free ebook