Hey everybody, welcome to another episode of the Traffic and Leads podcast. Matt Miller is our special guest this episode, and is going to be talking about how he grew his business from one vending machine to a massive business and the marketing techniques he uses to help him expand.
Matt spent the first 9 years of his career as an Air Force pilot before entering the corporate world. He had a long-term desire to start his own business and be his own boss after being inspired by Rich Dad, Poor Dad.
Since starting School Spirit Vending in 2007, his business has grown from a part-time side job for Matt into a thriving business with almost 50 franchisees across the United States.
In this episode Matt talks about growing his business with his family, finding a niche and adding value to his customers and his franchisees.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What is a passive income and why is it important to grow it?
- The importance of building relationships with local businesses to help expand your own business
- Promoting your business through podcast interviews
- How to attract customers to your business by sharing your story
- The importance of providing value for audiences as part of your marketing
- Why it is important to include your family in building your business?
- How being an entrepreneur can help you teach your kids valuable entrepreneurial skills
- How to earn a passive income through the franchise system – by teaching people how to duplicate a system so that they can make money as well
- How to choose the right franchisees and provide the right level of support to ensure that your brand can grow
- Balancing the needs of your clients and franchisees while also remaining profitable
- The importance of continuing to work as an employee in the beginning while you build your business on the side
- Matt’s philosophy: If I can help you become successful then my needs will be covered”
- Investing in unique branding for your business
- How to grow your business in an industry you don’t have experience in
- Why internal private podcasts are useful for communicating with franchisees spread all over the country
- How to build
LINKS AND REFERENCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- School Spirit Vending
- Welcome Traffic & Leads Podcast Listeners
- Smart Passive Income
- Live Your Dreams: The Top 10 Reasons why you Need to Start a Vending Business
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
Matt was kind enough to tell us about his journey in entrepreneurship with us today in this fascinating episode. Matt was kind enough to offer Traffic and Leads listeners a free gift which you can check out at the above link.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space below and I’ll catch you next time!