Hi everyone, welcome once again to the Traffic and Lead’s Podcast! Today’s special guest was Cheryl Tan.
Cheryl is unique because she was a journalist before she turned entrepreneur. This makes her the ideal person to offer us the inside scoop on how to get real media exposure and navigate through the hoops and barriers that hold many people back.
She runs her own company, which helps business owners get the media attention they want and deserve, and is also the host of an awesome podcast called, Get Media Smart.
Enjoy the show!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What kind of time and effort is realistic to gain media exposure.
- Why you have to start with your local market and work your way up to the bigger media channels.
- Why a true overnight success is actually rare.
- The kind of pitches that Cheryl paid attention to during her career as a journalist.
- Strategies to avoid having your media pitch find its way promptly to the recycle bin.
- Considerations to make before seeking exposure from media outlets.
- What it means to become a media magnet.
- How to get on your local media.
- Elements that comprise the kinds of stories that media outlets want to promote.
- How to build relationships with reporters and journalists.
- Great ideas for how to use the journalist site HARO site to your advantage.
- The lessons Cheryl Tan has created to show you how to position yourself to become a media magnet.
- The importance of being authentic and all kinds of other helpful ideas and tips!
LINKS AND REFERENCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thanks For Listening!
Did you notice her stress on how important video is? I hear this all the time and tell my own clients the same thing. This is especially true if you are trying to utilize the media to gain exposure for your business.
I trust you picked up all kinds of helpful tips and strategies with this episode. If you have any questions or comments, please do leave them below, it would be great to hear from you!
Tune in next time to the Traffic and Leads Podcast!
Leave a Reply