Hello, everyone! This week, we’ve got another amazing solo episode. Join me, One Click Lindsey, as I talk about something that’s extremely important to me in my digital marketing journey. As business owners, it can be hard to sell your products to people who are weary of marketers in general. We tend to hide what we do, just to ensure that people that talk to us can treat us like they would anyone else, without fear of us pressuring them into buying something that they think they don’t need.
That’s why trust is super important. Being a trusted business owner ensures that your sales are successful due to your customer base knowing who you are, and trusting that you’re doing your job effectively and efficiently. If clients cannot trust you to do what you’ve promised to do, it’ll show when it comes time to close deals and push forward. To become a trusted business owner, you need to avoid certain things, and put in the hard work to do so. Let’s get started!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to become a trusted marketer! Anyone can be anything online, and because of that, it puts legitimate business owners at a disadvantage. Due to people pretending to be things that they aren’t, business owners aren’t trusted until they’ve proven that they can and should be. One one hand, it’s smart, seeing as how technology can lead to a breakdown of trust. People don’t need to meet face to face anymore in order to see things get done. However, technology can also help build trust as well, and it’s important to know how to get that job done.
- After going over a passage from the book Unscripted by MJ DeMarco, it’s important to know what “bro marketing” is. Far from what you might imagine, bro marketing stands for Boiler Room Operations marketing. The entire process is about selling marketing secrets with a landing page full of fake testimonials. It’s corrupted entrepreneurship, due to making people think it’s all right to sell worthless products in order to make money. When you waste your money, that’s when you know you’ve been duped by a “bro marketer”.
- That’s why it’s important to build trust! Going slow and offering products that people want to buy is the best way to connect with those people, while also effectively making sales. Gone are the days of creating a funnel that Facebook ads connect through, with people you barely interact with. Traffic and Leads encourage people to use Facebook Live and to be genuine in their marketing. You need to help people before they can earn your trust, and that’s a process that should be taken seriously.
- If you’re hoping for automation and not doing much more than creating a Facebook ad that works, and emails that could make things work, you’ll be sorely disappointed. Digital marketing works. I’ve built an entire lifestyle on it! Plenty of clients I’ve had can say the very same. It just takes hard work, and it takes something that people want to buy. Additionally, it takes people being able to find and speak to their audience.
- It’s important to know that there’s no such thing as a magical email sequence or a magical Facebook ad that’ll get you where you want to be. The ad can generate engagement and comments, but once they go into the email system, you could find yourself at a dead end. To ensure maximum engagement between you as the business owner and interested clients, you should consider putting out your calendar. That way, people can actually talk to you and engage with you in a private conversation. Making sure you can connect with them is important in the long run.
- Lastly, I need to stress how important it is that you change your thinking! Know that digital marketing works, but also understand that there’s no magic bullet that’ll give you all the results you need. It takes time and effort to get something done. People do want that information, and they want to be coached on how to do this. Indulge, and let yourself interact with people on a personal level.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Did I not get to answer a burning question on your mind? No problem! You can always get ahold of me through my email. Additionally, feel free to reach out on Facebook and Twitter as well. Being a trusted business owner is important to your long term success, and being able and willing to put in the hard work to make magic happen will determine the longevity of your brand, and your product.