WOW! I don’t want to waste any time because today, we had two, that’s right, TWO guests with lots of information to share regarding optimization conversion and growing your blog. I was able to chat with Devesh Khanal and Benji Hyam.
The story behind these two is pretty unique and it just goes to show that you needn’t be in an office down the hall from your partner to make a business work! Devesh and Benji have only met in person one time and that was their very first meeting while at a dinner event in San Francisco. All it took was a small complaint about content marketing, sharing of plans to write a book which turned into mentions of a blog, and voila! They’ve been running the site for the past four months.
Within that very short time span, they’ve grown a rather large following with almost 7,000 uniques. If you’re curious to learn how they did it and whether their methods could work for your business, grab a notebook and get ready!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How they intend to grow their blog into 40,000 unique visitors in just 6 months.
- Why companies who create high level content is frustrating their consumers.
- What feats they are going through to grow their site and if they can work for you.
- How often they were blogging and how often you should be blogging.
- How to promote your blog to get your posts seen.
- How they use Google Analytics to determine their email conversions.
- What a content upgrade is and how you can make it work.
- Where you should put your opt in form and what works best to get conversions.
- How Benji was able to create extra content to get people to sign up for your email list.
- How different publishing on Medium can be when compared to running your own site.
- What type of content does well on Medium vs. Blog.
- Should you republish your article on Medium (or any other site) and does it hurt your SEO?
- Why you need to be incredibly careful when posting on Reddit.
- How you can grab people’s attention on Medium.
- How they decided to start having guest posters on their website.
- How Devesh works his conversion consultancy business.
- Discover how execution can make a world of a difference when you are trying to grow.
- How mentions from others on social media can help grow your blog.
LINKS AND REFERENCES IN THIS EPISODE:
- Their blog, Grow and Convert
- Sujan Patel
- Content Marketing Has Become Too Trendy
- Google Analytics
- Ariana Huffington/HuffPost Biz Blog
- Benji’s first article on Medium
- Blog post: “Breaking Slideshare: How I Got 2 Million From only 16 Presentations.” By Eugene Chen
- Sean Ellis on Growth Hackers
- Noah Keegan on AppSumo
What do you think listeners? Do you think that these two guys can pull their skills together and achieve their goal of 40,000 unique users in their 6 month time frame?
Check out their blog to see! I know I’ll be following them and wishing them the best. Always keep in mind that the tactics they use can work for you, too!
Until next time, this has been One-Click Lindsey!