The importance of protecting intellectual property with Melissa Tucker. What if you poured your heart and soul into creating a course, and then found that it’s been stolen and uploaded online? These days, it’s almost inevitable. Content goes out, and content thieves come in. What can be done about it? How do you keep yourself safe in digital space?
The episode is a little different than my usual episodes. Today, I’m interviewing a stellar client who quickly became a great friend of mine. Melissa Tucker is a veteran online marketer with Intellectual Property HQ, a business she runs with her husband. They’ve got years of experience with protecting intellectual property and copyright protection.
Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property
Melissa has got a lot to tell us about how to keep your content online safe from pirates, and what can be done when not if, it’s stolen. You’re going to want to listen in if you are interested in protecting intellectual property or if you’ve ever wanted to ensure the protection of your content online.
On top of that, this is essentially a brainstorming session between Melissa and I. She and her husband are looking to get people who are interested in their business headed towards their page. They need traffic, and they need leads. We work together to get her places to get started. If you’re looking for the same kind of info, this is your episode.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Melissa gives us a couple steps on how to approach the content of yours that’s been stolen. She explains that, on creation, content is immediately covered under copyright law. However, if you’ve found that someone has stolen your content, you’re only really entitled to “damages”. She explains what proactive measures content creators can do to get more protection.
- What’s your #1 question involving copyrights about protecting intellectual property, your content? Intellectual Property HQ is still offering free courses to those who can give them their questions surrounding intellectual property!
- You get to hear a great example of what a brainstorming conversation would sound like for marketing a great concept like Intellectual Property HQ. If you’re looking to hear what a popcorn thought session might look and sound like, you’ll find the convo between Melissa and I to be super useful.
- For those who are interested, we discuss the new capability Facebook offers to let you schedule a Facebook Live event.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Melissa Tucker
- Intellectual Property HQ
- Download DMCA Takedown Notice Template PDF
Listen now to hear me talk with one intelligent and fantastic woman. We talk about so many marketing topics in this single episode, it’s difficult to summarize! You get to be a fly on the wall during a brainstorming marketing session. Tune in and get educated!