Stepping into the world of digital marketing when you’ve dedicated your life to other things can be a little daunting, and conquering that fear is much easier said than done. However, getting past those initial doubts and worries in order to push through, succeed, and find yourself all over again is what makes the process so special, amazing, and rewarding. But, how exactly do we cope with those fears that seem almost paralyzing? And what can we do to ensure that we’ve gotten ourselves back on track towards something we care deeply about?
That’s where Tammy Anczok comes in. An international best selling author for her book Women Who Influence, a public speaker, and a life coach, Tammy talks with me about her foray into digital marketing after spending her time dedicated to her family, and what inspired her to delve into writing, becoming an author, and sharing her story. Let’s get started!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- More about who Tammy is, and what inspired her to write her first book, Women Who Influence. A collection of inspirational stories from 21 authors in total, Tammy explains that she had a passion and an idea for helping other women that might be facing the same issues she went through. By listening to them, they inspired her to tell her story and to share with everyone that they aren’t alone and that things can truly get better. By embracing the idea of getting out of our comfort zone, Tammy stepped up to her digital marketing presence through her success, and taking that lead by putting herself out there and connect with people, she’s had an eye-opening and extremely fun experience.
- Tammy gives us some recommendations for making a transition into a new section of life easier, stating that the best thing you can do is focus on what you’re passionate about. In Tammy’s case, it revolved around getting used to her visible role outside of the curtain, and these transitions were possible for her through a great deal of prayer, facing her fears, and forging ahead. She quotes her friend Jack Campfield (co-creator of the Chicken Soup For the Soul series) in saying that, “Everything you want is on the other side of fear,” and the very thing you’re fearful of is the one thing you have to do in order to cross over to the other side.
- Tammy then talks with us about her upcoming book: Can You Fill My Tank?: Why Do I Feel So Empty When My Life Is So Full? The premise of the book is based on spirituality, and how no one else can truly fill you up beside yourself. It’s your responsibility to fill yourself up with the right things and finding the thing that sustains you the most. Tammy also says that this book is set to launch in the first quarter of 2019, so keep an eye out!
- Tammy then talks with us about her coaching business. She states that the struggling transition from being a wife and mother to having a career inspired her to reach out to others that could be dealing with the same thing, which then led her down the path of coaching in the transitional area. All the stages of our lives are transitional, and Tammy explains that she’s happy to have open conversations about these things that take us from what we know and what we are, to who we want to be.
- Tammy shares with us the experience of building her own website, stating that her subscription to an app called SkillShare is truly helping her feel at home. SkillShare is a place full of people sharing their knowledge in a way that’s extremely accessible, as well as being relatable. It’s an amazing form of connection with other people, a good way to hone your craft, and—overall—very powerful and helpful.
- Tammy gets into her writing process with us a little bit, stating first that her main target is women, based on the things that she’s faced professionally and personally. Additionally, Tammy tells us what got her into the headspace of writing a book, to begin with, stating that a publisher she met at a business seminar reached out to her and asked if she wanted to write a chapter for a book she was releasing. Tammy took the challenge, and since then, the rest is history!
- Importantly, Tammy also has two writing coaches, and she believes that anytime you set out on something you’ve never done before, it’s very important to look to the experts and people who’ve done what you’re about to do, and to learn as much as possible about this journey from them.
- Lastly, Tammy leaves us with some strong ideas from her writing coach, including the process of making a “mind map.” A visualization of everything that’s in your brain, a mind map is used to collect all the ideas you have and put them on paper, so you can physically look at it in front of you and understand your thought process a little better. Her writing coach also encourages her to narrow the message down, because the message you have for your book shouldn’t get lost in the details. Keeping your point is important!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Did Tammy not get to answer a burning question on your mind? No problem! You can get ahold of her through her website by clicking on the “Let’s Connect!” button at the bottom, or through her social media listed above. Tammy is an amazing woman who’s story and hard work is inspiring, and it’s easy to see why people enjoy what she has to say, and the way in which she says it. We hope you enjoyed this amazing interview as much as I did!