When people are just starting in the world of digital marketing, they often find themselves at a loss for where to start. There are certain things they feel they should accomplish first, through seeing their competition and inspiration lead the way with a variety of strategies. The main core of digital marketing, however, remains the same—people want to get results, people want to make sure that what they’re doing is cost-effective in the long run, and people often want to get things done quickly in the process.
These three things—fast, cheap, and results—are all players in the same game. Through research of my own, I’ve come up with a new technique to help people understand the beginnings of the marketing game. The Iron Triangle of Marketing works in similar ways to other triangles. There are three sides to choose from—you pick only two, and the other side is affected by the things you choose to put more focus on. There are no right or wrong choices, but together, I’ll tell you what you can expect when you combine these sides together.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- How the sides of this Iron Triangle play into each other. All three sides have a relationship to each other—when you lessen one, it increases the other. You have to be aware when you move from one side to another—sometimes, the results aren’t worth it. Choosing is important!
- If you want fast results, they will never be cheap. Getting fast results means spending money in a lot of different places, and you need to be all right with that, as well as have a plan in place to make it happen. You need a budget to invest in things like adspend, maybe a professional digital marketing agency, landing pages and the email sequence that follows, and so much more. On top of that, you’ll want a professional to help you do all of these things to get the fast results that you’re looking for.
- On the contrary, if you want cheap results, they will not be fast. If you’re looking to save money, that means you’re digging into marketing on your own. You’ll have a time constraint on your hands that comes from you need to learn how to do a variety of things by yourself. With no mentor to make things move a little quicker, you’ll also have to deal with testing by yourself to see what does and doesn’t work when it comes to your business. Due to how much time you’ll be investing, your results won’t come right away and often won’t make a difference for about a year.
- If you’re willing to invest, even just a little bit, the results that come will be faster. That’s part of the sliding scale when it comes to the triangle and the sides that play together. If you want fast results, it’s best that you invest in training, and professional help, in order to make sure things are moving along at a quick pace. Consider hiring a business coach, or invest in courses so you can learn how to do what you want to do yourself!
- Overall, you cannot plan on luck happening. It’s something that happens very infrequently, and having no plan going into starting a business is a very easy way to ensure that your idea never truly gets off the ground level. Pick two of the sides of the triangle to start with, and you will have a good foundation to start on. The barrier to entry when it comes to digital marketing is nonexistent at this point, so make sure you’re doing hard work to rise above.
- If you want fast and cheap, then your results are going to affect. Cheap results won’t be fast, and fast results won’t be cheap. What it comes down to is you choosing what matters most to you, and your business, and sticking to it throughout the beginning stages.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Did I not get to answer a burning question on your mind? No worries! You can always get in touch with me through my email, or through any of the social media links listed above. And remember! Enrollment for the Live Showcase Method opens again on April 15th, so mark your calendars, and join me on the ever-growing trend that is Facebook Live!
Produced by Jeremiah Isley