Hey everybody, welcome to another episode of the Traffic and Leads podcast. Ian Garlic is our special guest this episode, and is going to be talking about how he uses unique approaches such as video marketing to attract customers.
Ian is an expert in all things SEO, video, storytelling and analytics. He is the founder and CEO of Authentic Web, which helps small businesses identify their target clients on the web and help engage them with Search Engine Optimization, Website Design, Online Video and Social Media
Ian is also the host of his podcast The Tao of Inbound, which talks about marketing.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to help service providers connect with their customers through storytelling
- Avoiding technical jargon to attract more customers
- The importance of making videos for marketing and telling your story
- The importance of generating quality leads
- What is the Know, Like, Trust Approach?
- Harnessing your About Us page on your website to generate leads
- The importance of direct Facebook video ads and why it is cheaper than you think
- Why video has a bigger impact than writing
- The best type of video for your marketing purposes
- How to target your audience
- Adding value in the first video
- What do dating and video marketing have in common?
- The biggest make marketers make
- Why continuity in marketing is important in sharing your message and engaging potential customers
- Why it’s important to make as many marketing videos as possible
- The psychology behind online video marketing
- How to make customers trust you by seeing your face regularly
- Ian’s four-pronged approach to marketing: SEO, email, website and social media
- The importance of answering the right questions to attract customers on Google
- How does storyboard marketing work?
- How to identify your target customers and market accordingly
- Using YouTube cards as a call to action for your customers
- How any business can start ranking on Google without hiring an SEO consultant
- Unconventional tips for increasing search engine rankings
- Why sending business to your competitors can help you
- Changing your mindset to be successful for business
LINKS AND REFERENCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Ian shared some great advice with us today about how businesses can tell their story and attract customers through video. Our interview was jam-packed with unique insights which you can put into action right now. Make sure that you head to the link above check out Ian’s special offer for Traffic and Leads listeners, and tune into his podcast – Tao of Inbound – every Tuesday.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the space below and I’ll catch you next time!