Online marketing is a fierce and competitive scene, and we’re no strangers to the ways that various people and businesses use in order to generate the traffic and leads they need. This week, we offer you something that you’ve probably heard of, from an online marketing guru and an expert in all things e-mail related—our friend, Kai Davis!
Importance of Emailing Your List Daily:
That’s right—Kai is back, and he’s got all the info you need when it comes to the importance of emailing your list daily in your search for positive audience engagement, as well as traffic for your website, and your business. The last episode I did with him was about Building Online Relationships. On top of being a marketing educator for freelancers and small business owners, Kai is a wonderfully smart man, who’s got tons of awesome tips for people looking to find a way to connect with their audience. Let’s get started!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- All about the wonderful world of Kai Davis. On top of helping independent business owners get more clients and leads without spending more money on traffic, he writes and generates his own daily e-mail newsletter, which is targeted towards freelancers and consultants.
- Kai tells us the beginnings of his e-mail endeavors, and why switching from a weekly e-mail system to a daily e-mail system really helped his morale, and the angle he was going for. Kai explains that he loves stimulating conversations with his audience, and the switch helped him to be more present in people’s inboxes, as well as helping him to improve his critical thinking process when it comes to the freelancing/consulting/small business owners.
- We talk about the ways that Kai comes up with topics for his e-mails, and he explains that there’s nothing wrong with taking ideas and inspiration from personal and real-life events. Thinking about how to make those moments educational is what really helps him! He also explains that the more people engage with him—and vice versa—the easier they come, and implementing the survey system he uses to gauge his audience for feedback—as well as sparking intelligent conversation—gets him ahead of the curve.
- Kai talks about the nuances that come with the official title of ‘writer’ and explains to us why he’s never truly felt as if he belonged in that category. He explains how to go about feeling more comfortable on that skin, and how people can help themselves improve their own writing skills. He also discusses the fall-off rate of his subscribers when making the switch from weekly to daily, and how it affected the way he does business, and why he really doesn’t mind.
- Kai dispels the thoughts that many writers tend to have surrounding the frequency of daily content, and he explains that the audience you have that signs up to receive said content are doing so because they want to hear from you! He also goes on to explain that, while daily e-mails are great for the kind of angle he is going for, it’s not always a perfect fit, and diving in head first if you’re unsure isn’t always the best thing to do. Practice makes perfect, after all.
- Lastly, Kai and I discuss the fact that, on the homepage for his website, he advertises his daily e-mail newsletter first, while letting the podcasts and articles come in a very drastic second. We talk about it and how this affects him in terms of search engine optimization, and if it actually makes people visiting his page more angry, or put off, than eager to see his content.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Didn’t cover something you wanted to know about? No worries! If you have specific questions, you can shoot Kai an e-mail, at firstname.lastname@example.org. His Facebook and Twitter are also listed above. Online marketing can be a little intimidating, but Kai’s passion and well-spoken nature make it seem like a breeze. Just check his e-mails and you’ll agree—he’s the expert, and he knows what he’s talking about!
Leave a Reply