Hey, guys! I’m back this week with another solo episode! This time around, I’m answering the questions you’ve asked me over and over again—starting with the answer to something all small business owners have got on their mind. Should you hire an agency to handle your online marketing, or should you bring it in house and hire someone in your own company! I list off the pros and cons of each choice—despite my own bias, of course—and give you the options you’ve got to work without in the open.
What to Choose Between In House Marketing Team Vs. Agency:
On top of that, I also discuss the questions you’re going to want to ask a potential marketing agency, should you choose to hire one—or, questions to even ask your current marketing agency! It’s an important topic to keep in mind when you’re working with someone else, and you should be good to go with the basic I provide. Let’s get started!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- The pros and cons that come with hiring a marketing agency versus keeping it in house and hiring from within the company. And, honestly? You can succeed, either way, there’s no question about it. You just have to consider which option is more feasible for you, especially if you don’t have as much money to test things out.
- First, I talk about the pros and cons of keeping it in house. The pros revolve around the fact that you’ll automatically be settled with product and company expertise by hiring someone who works there already, as well as time saved on having to learn the ins and outs of what the company is all about. From the get-go, this person is fully immersed in what they’re doing! However, the cons do revolve around the cost of hiring them for an additional job—you have to consider the funds you’ll be spending, and if it’ll be worth it if there’s not a lot of productivity coming out of what’s being planned.
- When in doubt, I suggest you hire an agency—a month or two into the process, it’s like they’re apart of the team, anyways! The cost might be something to consider as a con, as well as the lack of familiarity when it comes to hiring outside of the company, but finding just one person on your team to do the job of what an agency can do together is going to be a hard task to complete, trust me!
- Next, I get the questions you should ask a potential marketing agency you’re looking to hire. The details are explained, but the basics are as follows—what is your process, who is on your team, who will be working on the account, what is your process for communication with clients, what analytics do you track—and of them, which metrics should be followed closely to make sure the agency is doing their job to generate traffic and leads—and what’s the expectation of ad spend. Those cover all the bases you’ll want to discuss, and double checking is never a bad idea!
- Lastly, I go over what to expect from an online marketing agency. And, honestly? It depends on ad spend, and what the client is willing to work with in terms of their budget. Together, you can come up with a plan that works for all parties involved, and just remember—be patient! Online marketing is a lot like planting a garden, you need to plant seeds within the first few months before flowers start growing and you can reap what you sow. Give it time, and you’ll see results—I promise!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
There you go, guys! Hopefully, that answers all the burning questions you’ve got, and hopefully, I covered all the bases necessary in order to give you a boost of confidence in deciding what to book, what to ask, and what you should expect in terms of working with online marketing agencies. If you have any other questions about this topic—or any questions you’d love to hear me discuss in the future—shoot me an e-mail and we’ll make sure to keep you in the loop!
Leave a Reply