Hi everyone! Let me start off by saying I am so thrilled to have finally have a chance to talk to Mimika Cooney. I’ve been following her for a while, so needless to say, this was definitely an exciting interview!
In case you don’t know, Mimika is a television host, public speaker, as well as a published author and an expert on video marketing. She’s passionate about helping entrepreneurs find their ideal clients, as well as helping her clients position their brands to get higher sales by sharing her go-to-tips on how to market your brand.
Mimika has hosted her interview show since 2013 using various platforms. Up until this Spring Mimika used the live platform called Blab. She previously hosted a live breakfast TV show in England where she got her training. She quickly discovered that, at the time, it was quite expensive producing a show live, ($300 an episode!) so she abandoned that idea. Until, she discovered Periscope, which rekindled her interest in live hosting online. Then when Blab came onto the scene, she combined the two platforms together to be the host the show she really wanted to do. Today Mimika has under a re-brand of her show and now hosts it on YouTube, her website and on iTunes as “Worthy TV”.
However, don’t take my word for how awesome she is. Pull up a seat and have a listen to our conversation!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- The difference between Periscope and Blab.
- How you can get started using Blab.
- The benefits of being seen by your audience through video conversations.
- How to decide which platform is better for you.
- Why it is important to have a consistent time frame of when you are recording live.
- How consistency encourages more interactivity among your viewers.
- How Blab can increase you Twitter followers.
- Discover how Blab can be used to promote your business/webinar/anything with social media.
- How Blab can be integrated into your blog and YouTube as well.
- How Blab streamlines your publication process.
- What Mimika does and how she can help you brand your business.
- How Blab can enhance your audience and gain traffic.
- How a Facebook Community and group engages the audience, rather than just a business page.
- Why you may want to consider becoming an early Adopter for Facebook Live.
- Why you should consider a short video on Facebook rather than a lengthy video.
LINKS AND REFERENCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Mimika Cooney Website
- WordPress Plug in – Simple Live Press (Beta phase)
- Video Creators Hub
Wow! If ever you wanted to know how video marketing can help shape your brand and enhance your business, Mimika certainly has covered all the basics.
If you’re interested in checking her out, I fully recommend visiting her on her website, MimikaCooney.com and download her video toolkit.
I look forward to her next episode! This has been One-Click Lindsey and thanks for tuning in!