A business is important to maintain and take care of, especially when it comes to the various things you need to do on a daily basis in order to keep things running as smoothly and efficiently as possible. That’s where system management comes in, and being able to create something stable that can run on its own while you’re attending to other matters. It takes a lot of time and practice to create a system, however, and that’s why we can rely on people to create them for us and get the job done!
That’s exactly what Jessica Hansen does. Referred to among the internet as the Systems Magician, Jessica helps women get their businesses launched and automated by creating systems, and making sure that things are running in the very best way possible. This week, she’s here with us on the Traffic and Leads podcast to tell us all about the work she does, the software she likes, and how to make sure that your system is up to snuff. Let’s get started!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- What it is Jessica does! As stated, she’s the Systems Magician, and Jessica helps visionary women get their businesses launched and automated! She explains that she picked women because of how much she enjoys with them and that she works with mothers specifically because it’s a unique demographic that the bigger names in business don’t understand. There’s a lot of intricacies that you have to balance when you’re a mother with a business, and those are the people that Jessica likes to relate with and help because they’re not well served in the marketplace at the moment.
- Jessica takes a moment to discuss Alexa flash briefings with me, along with her book, The Resilience Code. Her book, which just released, is all about creating systems in your life and in your business, so you can be more resilient, and so you can deal with the ups and downs that come your way. If you subscribe to her Alexa flash briefing—Biz Marketing Magic—you can get sneak peeks of the content in her book for free!
- Jessica explains that the best systems are the ones that run automatically. This means that you don’t have to think about what you do day to day (since it just happens) and that sometimes, the computer can do it for you, so you don’t even have to be present for things to get done!
- Jessica states that every business needs someone that will manage their tasks, and when someone calls her for help in their business, she has a very specific way to get started. If people don’t know where to start, Jessica routes them through an intensive 2-hour interview process to understand what they’re trying to do, and what they’re actually doing. When someone doesn’t know what they’re trying to do, they aren’t really accomplishing any of their goals—it’s important to get things aligned so they can create a system!
- Jessica gives us a tip on creating systems, explaining that every time you do something, you should write down what you did. That way, you can go back to it later to see if how you were doing it gave you the best results. If it didn’t, you know what you did, and you can implement a change in your process as soon as possible!
- Jessica shares with us the best tools for creating systems for digital marketers, stating first that she’s a big fan of doing things as free and cheap as possible. With that said, Jessica is a big fan of Google Suite, due to how much it can do for free! Additionally, Jessica has a paid membership for Zapier, which is a tool that people can use to create an integration between two applications that don’t have one already! She and I explain the process through an example of myself, and what she did for our business!
- Lastly, Jessica explains how important it is for her to try new software! She’s always testing what she can to see if there’s a better, cheaper way to get something done. Efficiency means saving time and money, not just buying whatever is new to do it for you!
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Jessica Hansen
- Biz Marketing Magic
- The Resilience Code
- Order into Chaos Podcast
Did Jessica not get to answer a burning question on your mind? No problem! You can get ahold of her through the contact page on her website, or through any of the social media listed above. Aside from being a dear friend of mine, Jessica is truly an amazing expert in her field, and she can help anyone who needs it with the creating and implementing of a system in their business! Make sure you reach out to her sooner rather than later!