Hi everyone! Today we have an exciting guest with us today who understands the connection between money, emotions, and how your familial experiences can determine how you will succeed financially—both in personally and in business.
Joan Sotkin has been a leading voice in marketing for the past twenty years. She combines intuition, scientific assessments as well as energy psychology techniques with 30 years of business experience to help you reach your goals.
Right now, she is the founder of ProsperityPlace.com and is the host of the Prosperity Show podcast (which I’m an avid follower of!). On top of all of this, she is the author of Build Your Money Muscle: Nine Simple Exercises to Build Your Relationship with Money.
So, needless to say with so many accolades attributed to her name, you can be certain that she has plenty of information, tips, and insights to share with us all regarding our finances.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What exactly is Prosperity Place and Joan’s goal for the website.
- How Joan made the transition from her mail order business to the internet.
- How her experience as a mail order marketer helped her build her internet business.
- How even back in 1990s, Joan understood how important email communication is for business.
- Joan makes predictions about how the internet will continue to change how we live.
- Why Joan focuses on the person that is going into creating a business, instead of “quick claims” for success.
- Why do people take your problems out on money.
- How Joan discovered that there is a connection between money and your emotions.
- Understand that you will never make a decision without some kind of emotional connection behind it.
- How Joan made the realization that you could change your emotions and understand what you’re feeling.
- How Joan was a freelance coach, even when she was sick and in bed.
- What are Joan’s opinion about social media and other platforms where people can connect with one another.
- Why Joan focuses more on connecting with people rather than making money.
- Why it is important to have a significant following if you really want to make money.
- How over exertion and pushing for more money can do more harm than you think.
LINKS AND RESOURCES IN THIS EPISODE:
- Prosperity Show podcast
- Build Your Money Muscle: Nine Simple Exercises to Build Your Relationship with Money
- Joan’s other book, Prosperity Is an Inside Job
- Co-Dependence Anonymous
- Upcoming Webinar Jam with Barry Friedman
- Google Plus
If there is anyone that you could listen to all day, it would have to be Joan Sotkin. This was one of the most enjoyable conversations I’ve had because not only was it packed with useful information, but Joan is so full of life, you don’t realize she’s in her 70s! She truly is an inspiration!
Until next time, this has been One-Click Lindsey!
Leave a Reply