Hey everybody! Welcome to the traffic and leads podcast. I am your host One-Click Lindsey, yet again this week. So, today I’m interviewing a man named Jon MacDonald. He is from The Good. They are trusted conversion experts and they are my next door neighbours here in Portland Oregon, small world right? Jon and I had an awesome conversation about conversion and how Jon and his company modify things to get people to convert. They do not care about traffic, they do not care about anything, all they care about is how to get people to convert once they are on your website. So, it was a really great conversation. He dispelled a myth we all know and love. You know the common myth of change a little headline and then do some more testing, change a little of this and change a little of that and then do a little more A/B testing. He actually recommended that you make big sweeping changes to your landing pages! So, make sure you listen in and you can find out more about that and how to increase conversions on your website.
But, before we tune in to that I have a couple of things I want to discuss.
First of all, you know we have a new segment here on the Traffic and Leads podcast, and that is telling you the questions that popped up in our Traffic and Leads Ultimate Membership Program. For those who do not know what that is, essentially go to trafficandleadsmembership.com for $49.99 a month and we will hold your hand through this whole online traffic and leads generation thing.
This Week’s Q and A:
Q: I am running Facebook ads and am getting like a lot of people looking at it but no one is liking, no one is commenting, but Facebook is telling me people are reacting but I do not see any proof of that.
A: There is a video at trafficandleads.com to explain exactly what this is but it’s a default that will basically run your ads to a whole bunch of articles and aps through Facebook and this is really great for warm traffic, but not for cold traffic and you waste a lot of money there.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to get people to convert once they come to your website.
- The number one thing that you can do to improve conversion rate in our websites
- Jon’s secrets when it comes to landing pages and regular website home pages that contain contact us, about: the cornerstone of your website.
- A case study of a hardcore example of a client of the good.com, how the page looked like before and its present look after xyz, alterations.
- The process of refurbishing your website, so as to improve conversion rate.
- How to conduct an audit of the client’s sites, identifying the problematic areas.
- Ensuring good user experience, the dos and don’ts.
- Exactly the amount of traffic that your site needs to have for good.com agency to work its magic for you.
- Knowing whether your site is already generating traffic.
- Conversion rate optimization and helping brands to better connect with their consumers as desired on their website.
- What amount of traffic do you need running on your site in order to get conversion rate optimization?
- Types of changes that need to be performed for your site to see a difference. What changes should you do in order to see big difference to your site?
- The professional team that makes up the good.com agency and the role of every member to your site’s success.
- The types of tools that Jon uses for his job and cannot do without.
- Maintaining the right customers.
- Repelling certain consumers by use of positioning statements.
- Identifying a valuable customer that requires your attention.
- Jon’s favorite kind of traffic that converts best.
- All about his book ‘Stop marketing, Start selling.’
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Good
- Lead Optimiser
- Visual website optimizer
- Google Plus