DIY Social Media Marketing
What do you do when you get an online heckler? Someone who goes to all of your social media pages and review sites and slanders your business? My interview with Kim Ransom reveals one fantastic way to handle this situation, and a ton more bits and bobs of info that you’re sure to enjoy.
Kim Ransom is the highly-successful owner of both Gym Fox in a Box and Pittsburgh Gymnastics Club. I also consider her a friend of mine – we’re both parts of the same master class, and we’ve gotten along fabulously.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Kim lays out the specifics of her box subscription service, Gym Fox in a Box. This includes things like the prices, what’s she had to pay for advertisement thus far, and how she’s garnered customer interaction online.
- We talk all about what her strategy is to get customers engaged online. I particularly love the approach to Instagram that Kim outlines – anyone getting into the subscription gig will want to take notes. She takes a really straightforward path to success with social media: ask for what you want, and you’ll get it!
- Kim has a super honest comment about what sort of shortcuts people can take to tackle social media head-on: don’t go looking for shortcuts! Don’t worry – Kim goes in-depth to explain exactly what she means.
- We get into a tough situation that Kim recently experienced: her gym was digitally slandered by an unhappy customer. There are few worse things than having the name of your business being pulled through the mud. Kim outlines exactly what happened, and how she responded. She started by responding emotionally but was able to step back and let her business acumen take the lead.
- Kim hammers home how crucial it is to focus on your customers, and how that connection can be the pillars that hold up your business. After Kim’s unfortunate experience with a rogue negative reviewer, her community was able to help out the business and aid her in rescuing the situation. This story ends on a really positive note, guys.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Today’s interview is a really fascinating bundle of informational bits that anyone with their head in the marketing game will enjoy. Check out Gym Fox in a Box to get an idea of what Kim’s subscription service is like. And, of course, if you’re in the Pittsburgh area and have a kid that’s excited about gymnastics, check out The Pittsburgh Gymnastics Club!