How many of you struggle with public speaking? I know I have! In fact, I think we all have at some point or other. That’s just how it goes until you’ve got some experience under your belt and you can confidently say that you know what you’re doing. So, what do you do until you reach that level of confidence?
Effective Webinar Presentations
Today’s guest is the guy to help you. Dustin Mathews owns a business called Speaking Empire, which is meant to help you enhance your presentations, but more importantly, he wrote a book with Dan Kennedy (yes, THE Dan Kennedy) called No B.S. Guide to Powerful Presentations: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Plan to Sell Anything with Webinars, Online Media, Speeches, and Seminars. So, yeah—Dustin really knows what he’s talking about.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- The origin story of Dustin Mathews and Dan Kennedy, and how they started working together. Dan Kennedy is an elusive, guarded guy, but Dustin had been making an investment in Dan for some time—enough of an investment to get Dan’s attention.
- A bit about his day-to-day job: running Speaking Empire. It’s a company that exists to help people like you deliver the message that they have inside them in an awesome, unforgettable way.
- The power of demonstration. Dustin actually turns the entire podcast into a demonstration—and I didn’t even realize he was doing it until he said so!
- The structure of a great persuasive presentation. Yes, Dustin walks us through the five core components of a persuasive presentation in detail! Those five components are Intro, Story, Offer, Body, and Close—and he breaks them all down in detail.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Dustin Mathews
- Speaking Empire
- Entrepreneur VIP Contributor
- No B.S. Guide to Powerful Presentations
Interested in what Dustin has to say? You can get this incredible book here, along with a ton of resources that go along with the book, and he gives some awesome final advice: whatever your goal is, take one small action a day. You’ll be surprised what you can accomplish!