Hi, everyone! One Click Lindsey here to bring you another awesome interview with one of the leading names in the business.
In the latest podcast, I had a chance to talk to Ben Seigel, an expert web designer who owns Versa Studio. Not only has he been a web professional for over 15 years, but he also handles project management, as well as web design and development where he specializes in the ExpressionEngine CMS.
You might be wondering what makes Versa Studio more skilled than your run of the mill group of web designers is that they hold six advanced degrees in Photoshop. What does this mean, well it means they know their stuff! Unlike other web design companies you may come across, Versa Studio has a very hands on approach and they want to have a plan in place for your web design before tackling your project. When you think about it that way, it certainly makes sense, doesn’t it?
When you have a business, we all know that you have to have some kind of internet presence if you want to maximize your exposure. This is where having the help of a trusted web designer can really come into play.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What makes Versa Studio unique.
- Why planning your website is important.
- How Versa Studio begins the process of working with a client.
- How a preliminary meeting and planning can help.
- Ben’s process for determining what a client needs to enhance their website.
- What sort of questions are on a needs assessment test for Ben’s consultation.
- What the difference between ROI and Google Analytics.
- Why it is important to have your traffic turn into sales or leads.
- How a little investigative work can help figure out where your traffic comes.
- Discover how professional e-commerce sites differ from non-profit sites.
- The process in which Versa Studio nurtures leads and ROI.
- How soft data like site navigation can help determine website usage.
- How mobile-friendly sites make things a little more challenging.
- Why it is important to keep track of the technical aspects of a website.
- A huge part of planning will have to include what platform the websites will be viewed on.
- More information about what you can find in Ben’s book, Website Planning for Small Business.
- Why Ben feels that your website is marketing’s responsibility and not IT.
- Why hosting is viewed as a commodity service and you need specialized service.
LINKS AND RESOURCES IN THIS EPISODE:
- Versa Studio
- ExpressionEngine CMS
- Google Analytics
- E-commerce websites
- Midwest Horse Fair (Versa Studio’s Client)
- HipMonk – search aggregator for flights
- Olark for Live Chat
- Smashing Magazine
- Ben’s Book, Website Planning for Small Business (use discount code “traffic” to get 30% off)
With all the information Ben Seigel shared with us, we wouldn’t doubt that your next website project will go a lot smoother. If you aren’t feeling confident, at least you know you can turn to Versa Studios or Ben’s book for help! Remember, his book can be found at VersaStudio.com and use the coupon code “traffic” to get 30% off!
This has been One Click Lindsay, signing out!
Leave a Reply