How to create a profitable online store? With the power of the internet growing every second of every day, eCommerce stores are more and more popular (Amazon, to name just one). However, with the success they have, how are you supposed to start one on your own, from the ground up?
Create A Profitable Online Store in Under a Year:
Luckily, we’re here to answer that question for you! Maxwell Finn, a Facebook Ads expert, talks to me about how to build a 6 figure eCommerce store in just under a year! With loads of experience and even more top-notch tips for you to follow, you’ll want to listen (and read ahead!) for all the information you need to get your eCommerce store off the ground. Let’s get started!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- The basics of starting an eCommerce store, with some wise words from Maxwell. He warns us that too many people are focused on starting an eCommerce store to make money quickly and that you need to have a brand and a reason for the said brand before you start thinking about what you’re building. After all, you wouldn’t jump into making a business without some planning first, right?
- Maxwell tells us about his good friend, and one of the best people in eCommerce, Ezra Firestone! He explains to us the now popularized business model that Ezra introduced him to that he now follows as well, which falls along the lines of “you start with a story, you start with content upfront”.
- Maxwell also shares with us that 98% of people that visit your website for the first time don’t convert, a statistic that’s true across the industry as a whole! With that knowledge in mind, Maxwell tells us his two-step process when it comes to starting with advertisements, and the pitfalls to avoid when you’re trying to climb your way to the top.
- Maxwell warns us that, as a business owner and an eCommerce owner, you need to understand that you’re not going to be able to compete with the price, speed, and efficiency of larger companies. However, you can compete with the brand, storytelling, and customer service side of the tracks, and regals us with ways in which to succeed by focusing on customer interactions.
- Maxwell talks to us about the system of retargeting through ads, and how to create the perfect audience for your target through a system of allowing people to fall out of the funnel, and using the remaining audience to create content that’s more specifically catered to the audience that’ll become your core source of traffic.
- Through this, Maxwell shares his three-step process on retargeting and using Facebook (and social media) advertising as a way to cultivate a growing relationship with many potential influencers. He also tells us about the messaging service he uses, Many Chat, and how it plays into the way his communication and advertisement works out.
- Lastly, Maxwell reminds us to engage with quick, short questions through a messenger, as opposed to “ad hacks”, and detailed stories. By giving them a chance to say “no”, this method shows a lower unsubscribe rate, giving you a chance to build your profile on users so you can tailor messages to them.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Did Max not have enough time to answer something you’ve got on your mind? No worries! E-Mails sent through his linked website above go directly to him! Shoot him a question if you’ve still got some unresolved stuff. Other social media is also listed above for further communication. Maxwell’s got a bunch of great tips and a whole wealth of information, and in his own words, he hasn’t even cracked the tip! What a rockstar!